Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Itching For The Bells

I'm still trudging through my PTTP work, but I'm missing the KBs. The cure for this itch has been some swings and snatches after my Deads, Side Presses, Curls, and Russian Powerlifting Triceps Blaster. Through gritted teeth I've added the bi and tri work, but it is done according to the PTTP protocol. I feel like a hypocrite adding "isolation" exercises to my program, but I'm just testing the waters to see if it will make my pepperoni pipes grow. Anyway, the KB work has just been used to keep sharp as opposed to being the focus of the session.

I originally wanted to do a couple of Bear Cycles after hitting a 315 DL (a few days away), but the changes in the RKC II requirements have me rethinking my plans. If I decide to attend the Level II, I have to get my ass ready to press a Bulldog. If I'm going to do that, I'll have to start training for it yesterday. Nothing like a challenge.

However, these changes may also force me to take the CK-FMS before the Level II. Most likely I'll only be able to attend one Cert. next year, and I believe the CK-FMS knowledge will better serve my victims and myself. Plus, how much info could one digest after attending both Certs. in the same year? I'm such an underachiever.

1 comment:

Amy Jurrens said...

I feel your pain on the isolation drills. This summer I did a lot of curls and tricep extensions trying to build some definition in my arms. I about gagged when I did them. I went in a dark corner with a baseball hat and sunglasses...... okay, not really, but I wanted to! :)